Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Kate

Labor



First Bath...Burr it's cold!

Taking a nap with dad





Ready to go home



First bath at home

Wrapped around daddy's finger



Katherine Elizabeth Hawkins (we call her Kate) was born on Monday morning, October 25th at 4:26 am at the IMC. She was 8 pounds 0 ounces and was 21.25 inches long.

Right after church on Sunday evening my water broke so Matt and I gathered our things and headed to the hospital. We arrived at about 6:30 that evening. Because I was only at a 1, at about 9 pm they decided to put me on Pitocin to speed up the labor. I could totally tell it was working because I could really start to feel the contractions getting stronger so at about 11 pm I decided to get an epidural. Seriously, the epidural was amazing!!! Immediately after I got it, I felt no pain. It was awesome! I have always heard how great they were, but you don't really know until you get one.

At 2 am I was only at a 2!! I was very frustrated and extremely exhausted at that time. I was soooo ready to meet her! I tried to sleep, but was pretty anxious. At 3 am it was so neat because it started to snow for the first time. It was kind of magical. Shortly after this at 3:30 am the nurse checked me and I was ready to go!! We were all shocked! I went from a 2 to a 10 in only an hour and a half. We called our parents to let them know she would be arriving shortly.

We had to wait till the doctor got there to start pushing because I was really ready. He arrived an hour later and I only had to push 4 or 5 times before she came out. She was so beautiful! I couldn't believe she was finally here! Matt was so cute! Once she was in his arms he didn't want to let go. I love seeing him with her. He is such a great dad!

2 comments:

Jenny Young said...

Yay! I've been waiting for pics!! She is so cute. Can't wait to see her. Tomorrow. Yippee!!

Brittany said...

congrats! yay! we were so happy to hear ;) darling pics... hope you are feeling good!