Friday, August 9, 2013

Five Months

At five months Amelia:

 
Smiles at everyone she sees.  She is such a happy, fun-loving baby and I absolutely love being her mom.  She brings so much joy in to our lives and I can't imagine not having her in our family. 

 

Is almost sitting up all by herself.  If she leans all the way forward she can sit all by herself, but that is cheating!  I would say in the next month she will start being able to hold herself up without support.



 
Is pretty good at getting things in to her mouth.  Whenever something gets close to her mouth she opens it really wide and scrunches up her body like her feet are going to help her push it in.  So funny!

 
Is starting to have a difficult time sleeping during the night, sometimes waking every 2 to 3 hours.  Her naps vary from 30 minutes to 3 hours.


 
Katie also has a great relationship with her and always wants to include her in the little games she likes to play.  Whenever she is sad Katie goes right over and tries to make her smile.  What a bond these two have, like they knew each other in heaven.

 
Yells and talks to herself.  When we are in the car or if she is sitting by herself she will say Uhhhhhhhhh.....  She also does this when she is waking up in the mornings or after her nap.  Instead of crying she will just talk with her eyes still closed.  She is a joy to get out of bed.

 
Rolls from her tummy to her back.  Watch out!  She is a roller.


 


 
Grabs her feet.  This is my favorite. 

I sure love this bugaboo!!!  She is growing way too fast.  I just cuddle her as much as I can and love the moments I get to be with her.

No comments: