Monday, June 23, 2008

Power Outage

Last night was miserable!!! Our power went out at about 10:00 pm and didn't come back on until 6:00 am. It was only our building. Because of this, our Air Conditioner could not work and we could not turn our fan on either. AND because of our fabulous downstairs neighbor who smokes like a chimney we could not open our window. We absolutely enjoy having him as our neighbor!!! It was boiling hot and I don't know about you, but Matt and I cannot sleep when its hot. I woke up this morning (I don't know if you would call it waking up because I wasn't really asleep all night) and was walking around like a zombie.

You know, it's funny when the power is out because you still expect things to work. Like, for example, the air conditioner wasn't working so I went to go turn on the plugged in fan. Hello?!? Then I was hungry and opened the fridge, but I couldn't see anything because the light didn't come on. Then I wanted to make some popcorn, but the microwave didn't work. Then I walked into the bathroom and flipped the light switch. Matt and I laughed about it and then he went in there about 5 minutes later and did the same thing! It was hilarious. It really makes me grateful for the benefits we enjoy this day in age.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's funny. I do the same thing when our power goes out. I had an idea about making a power outage box. It would be a storage container with glow in the dark paint, it would contain, flashlights, candles/matches, radio, glowsticks and snacks and the power co's phone number. but I've never put the box together. I always think about it though when there is a power outage. maybe someday!!!

Brittany said...

On our trip to Fiji, the government shuts the water off EVERY DAY from about 9 am til about 5 pm! You don't realize how many times you use water til you don't have it! Showers, washing hands, dishes, toilets... crazy!