Last weekend we went up to Bear Lake for the 4th of July holiday. I grew up going to Bear Lake over this holiday, but haven't been for several years so it was so much fun to go again. We got there at about 5:30 Friday evening, set up our tent and bedding then headed over to get pizza...yum. We then went back to the "lot" as we call it and sat around the fire and visited with my cousins.
The next morning we made breakfast then put the watercraft in the water...it was FREEZING! I so don't remember it ever being this cold over the 4th. It was like ice. I had Matt carry me back in after riding on the boat and wave runners. After lunch we headed back out again. I can't believe we would brave the water again, but gratefully it was quite a bit warmer. Later we went to Le Beau's for their famous shakes. I got mint oreo and Matt got chocolate pecan. They were soooo good!
Sunday we went to the crowded church they have there in Garden city. then it was nap time, lunch, followed by another nap time, then hanging out in the sun. We headed home that evening since my allergies were pretty bad.
On Monday we hung out with Matt's family. We went to the Training Table for lunch, got some ice cream at Target (their scoops are only $1 each for hard ice cream) then saw Robin Hood at the dollar theater. Evidently it's only $0.75 on Mondays so we totally scored!
All in all it was a great weekend. i am looking forward to going up to Bear Lake next week.
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment