Friday, June 29, 2012

Fun Weekend

I decided to take the Friday off before Father's Day just to spend some more time with my family.  I didn't worry about taking my camera for the a lot of the activities because I wanted to just enjoy it.  Friday we went to the South Jordan pool early around 8:00.  It was really nice because it really wasn't crowded at all until about the time we left.  Every time we go Kate gets braver, which is kind of scary.  It might be time to get out the life jacket for her because she just wants to get away from us. 

Later that day we went to see Madagascar 3 at the movie theater.  I was really curious to see how she would do sitting through the movie and was anticipating taking her out a couple of times, but no!  She was great!  She liked to sit on the stair on the aisle, which was fine because there were only a few other people in the theater.  We also got popcorn so she was quite a happy camper. 

After the movie we walked around the theater and went shopping a bit and got some ice cream.  It was a great family activity.
Saturday was the day of South Jordan's Country Fest so we decided on the spur of the moment to see what it was all about.  We really didn't know what to expect so we just decided to try it out and if it didn't work we would come home.  I am very happy we decided to go because it was really fun!  We set up our chairs on the parade route and then went to the breakfast. 


We were too early for the parade so we met up with some of the horses from the parade and pet them for a while. 

Then we hung out around the fountain and played for a bit. All of the people getting ready to be in the parade were around practicing so the environment was really exciting. 



We went back to our seats and enjoyed the show. Kate was pretty good about staying close. She loved the horses the best. And of course all of the candy they all threw out.





Sunday was Father's Day.  The night before Kate and I made Matt a card.  I traced her feet on one side and her hands on the other and let her color.  The next morning we gave that and our gifts to him.  We made his favorite breakfast called Manna.  Yum!
After church we went over to Matt's family's for the annual rib lunch.  It is so much fun to see everyone.  This year we had a lot more people that were able to join us so it made it special. 
We then went over to my parents' house for more food :)  We played in the backyard and enjoyed each other's company.  Katie loves to get up (all by herself) on to the 4 wheeler.  I asked my dad if he ever took her riding and he said no so he went over and started it.  All of the grandkids went crazy!  They all wanted to ride on it with Grandpa.  Kate didn't really make any expressions so I wasn't sure if she was really liking it or scared of it, but then we tried to take her off and she did not like that.  She wanted to ride more!  That makes me happy that she enjoyed it so much.  My dad is so great!  I love seeing him enjoy the grandkids.  They all love him and have so much fun with him.

We had cake and ice cream for dessert.  This was Kate's first ice cream cone we let her take and go on her way.  She loved it!

My parents have a little garden type wagon and the grandkids just love it.  They get in and push or pull each other and really get a kick out of it.  you can see Kate let her cousins do anything as long as she still had her ice cream cone :) 
I think it's cute the way she is pushing them.

I am so grateful for all of the dads in my life.

No comments: